mercredi 15 février 2017

Ombre card

Here's an ombre technique I used to make a card for the Lindy's blog.
I’ve used Flat Fabio sprays but you can easily use Starbursts if you wish!  Just go with your favorite matching colors. I stamped the background with a flower and I embossed it with white powder, before spraying, but it’s up to you, and you can skip this part if you wish. The result will be gorgeous anyways!
card1
So to get the ombre look you want, it’s important to use watercolor cardstock. I use the Strathmore 140 lbs but the brand is up to you. Just choose a good watercolor card as it will help to get the colors to blend together.
I began by stamping and embossing with Purely white from the Lindy’s store.
card3
To create the ombre effect, I chose 4 colors that mix well, and make a beautiful gradient look.
Starting with the Flat fabio Hibiscus Rose I blended it with a lot of water and the next pink tone Flat fabio Chateau Rose. Wash your brush and start with the pale yellow Flat Fabio Bonjour butter, make it blend just a bit with the pink and apply the darker yellow on the top, the Flat fabio Pineapple Paradise.  You can see exactly how I did this in the video at the end of this post.
card4

Look at the fabulous result you get once dry.
card2

I made a short process video to show you this technique, you can find it here or on the Lindy’s stamp gang Youtube channel! Don’t forget to subscribe to see all the wonderful techniques and tutorials the team are showing.

Lindy’s products used:

2 commentaires :